in News Departments > Projects & Contracts
print the content item

Lucky Corridor LLC has been granted authorization from the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) to engage in negotiations with anchor customers for up to 70% of the project's 1,100 MW of transmission capacity at negotiated rates, subject to certain conditions, including a requirement to auction the remaining 30% of its capacity in an open-season process.

The Lucky Corridor project entails upgrades to 93 miles of electric transmission in northern New Mexico, creating new transmission capacity in an area with several development-stage clean energy projects.

According to the company, the project's double-circuit, 230 kV line will create a reliability loop and access wind, solar and natural gas resources. Lucky Corridor says it proposes to use existing utility corridors in order to minimize environmental impact.

Lucky Corridor was initiated by ranchers in Union County, N.M., and Trinchera, Colo., working along with project management and with New Mexico’s Renewable Energy Transmission Authority.



Hybrid Energy Innovations 2015
Latest Top Stories

Duke Energy Commits $500M To Major Solar Expansion In N.C.

The utility company says the investment will help further diversify its portfolio, as well as increase solar power for its North Carolina customers by 60%.


Sensus Issues Refund To SaskPower After Smart Meter Woes

As SaskPower continues to swap out its Sensus units following several meter failures, the two companies have reached an agreement in order for the utility to recover costs.


The Smart Utility's Guide To Choosing A Smart Meter

Electricity providers across North America are taking on grid modernization. This article outlines the myriad factors a utility should consider in order to select the best-possible smart meter.


DOE Report: U.S. Wind Power Prices Reach All-Time Low

According to the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), wind power continues to play a larger role in the U.S.' energy mix and is the cheapest it has ever been in the country.


Survey Reveals What U.S. Consumers Expect From Their Utilities

GE's new survey measures Americans' views on the state and future of the grid, as well as how much extra consumers would be willing to pay for better power reliability.

S&C Electric_id176
Hybrid Energy Innovations 2015
edf_id180
Future Energy_id187